We’re looking to fill a very important role for the agency, a pricing manager. Our ideal candidate is highly accountable, calculated, self-driven and possesses excellent critical/creative thinking and problem solving skills. The role of the pricing manager is two fold, the ability to come up with strategic pricing strategies and models, and to estimate all projects within the shop with ease.
Who are you and where have you been?
- You come from a pricing/financial background within an advertising agency environment.
- You have experience with fast paced estimating, budgeting and pricing models.
- You enjoy researching and analyzing data.
- You’re an analytical thinker with the ability to react quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment under a deadline.
- You have the ability to use informational resources regarding client needs, historical data, market conditions, and internal targets to ensure WS is appropriately compensated for the services/hard costs they provide to clients.
- You have a proven track record in identifying pricing challenges, and developing non-traditional modeling and strategies.
- You have a strong understanding of agency operations and how each department within agency functions.
- You possess a strong interest and business acumen in agency efficiencies, solution based thinking, and a nuanced, diplomatic communication style.
- You are devoted to providing exceptional customer service both with internal teams and to our clients.
- Some print production experience would be a benefit.
- Marketing and agency experience is a must. A background in how an agency works is needed. Any relationship with an agency from a client side is not enough.
Where are you going?
From the first day, you’ll take the bull by the horns to:
- Prepare and revise estimates, review historical jobs and work with team leads to estimate hours (thorough, collaborative)
- Analyze estimates against actual time on completed projects monthly
- Ensure any over/under estimating is corrected, adjust and discuss any potential red flags with team leads (meticulous, detail oriented)
- Influence fellow teams with data, and where there have been wins or losses in the historics
- Develop non standard fee arrangements, translating business opportunities and customer needs into collaborative pricing structures
- Maintain a database of client and matter fee arrangements, while actively monitoring performance against fee arrangements (attentive)
- Understand our clients business and their pain points
- Analyze the profitability of both traditional hourly and alternative fee arrangements (diligent)
- Run competitive analysis’ to keep in touch with similar offerings
- Help support the task and rate setting process
- Effectively collaborate with our account team and finance team
- Deliver and speak to rotating reports on pricing structures, this can include healthy communications and light public speaking
Sound like you? If so, we’re excited to meet you. Send a brief but powerful cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
You might not have heard of WS before, but maybe you have heard of Woodruff Sweitzer — our former moniker. Though our name is brand new, WS has been active in the Western Canadian market for more than 16 years. Our staff ranges from enthusiastic grads to seasoned veterans with over 30 years of industry experience.
Our team of 25 (and growing) seems to really like it here, proven by our incredibly low turnover rate. We welcome staff to work off-site though WORKshift, offer flex days, give birthdays off, provide paid volunteer time, have a professional development budget, a fat Spotify account, and this amazing thing called a “bonus program.” Sometimes, we all get together in the kitchen and eat a pile of samosas.
It’s a pretty sweet gig, and we hope you can be part of it someday. Thanks for considering WS.