WS is a collective of some of the best marketing experts committed to propelling brands further, faster. With over 17 years of experience creating omni-channel outcomes for clients across North America, our curious nature has created a highly successful approach to reaching powerful and meaningful results. Simply put, we are strategic providers of formidable marketing outcomes. Working at WS will enable you to combine your talents, passions, and professional acumen with a commitment to making a real difference on a highly collaborative and talented team. Come join us and make your mark in marketing and the world.
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for maintaining exemplary relationships between the agency teams and respective clients alongside and under the direction of the Senior Account team. The AM is responsible for understanding the client’s business challenges and objectives and will work closely with the Senior Account team, Strategy, Creative, Content, Media, PR and Performance teams to build-out strategic marketing communications plans that are fully integrated, brand aligned and achieve marketing outcomes. This includes helping to inform the development of personas, journey maps, wireframes, concepts, storyboards, media plans, content plans, marketing automation plans, PR plans and ensuring that the quality of work, timeliness and budgets are met all the way through to completion. The AM reports directly to the VP, Accounts with dotted line responsibility to Account Directors as assigned.
- Maintains direct senior level client contact alongside Senior Account team
- Understands assigned client’s business and objectives and effectively communicates this information to agency teams
- Analyzes client input along with research, customer insights, field feedback, competitive landscape, etc. to help inform strategic marketing communications plans
- Develops the planning brief with the client and reviews with Senior account team before agency teams are briefed
- Participates in internal scrums and client brainstorming meetings
- Facilitates and contributes to the development of marketing outcome plans with Creative, Content, Media, PR and Performance teams and ensures that team members have support data and reference materials as required
- Ensures that marketing outcomes, strategies, tactics, KPIs are clearly defined and budgets are approved by clients
- Oversees the development of Scope of Work documents that include marketing outcomes, tactics and pricing and reviews with Senior Account team before sending to client
- Develops all engineering briefs for Creative, Media, Content, Performance and PR and reviews with Senior Account team before initiating kick-off meetings internally
- Reviews all design concepts, storyboards, wireframes, content plans, automation plans, media plans and dashboards before they are presented to the client
- Works with agency teams to present and effectively explain all marketing outcome and engineering plans to clients
- Adheres to project timelines as outlined by Account Executive
- Works with Senior Account team to help identify agency/freelance resources for project deliverables
- Helps to monitor Account Executives to ensure processes are being followed, client work is delivered accurately, timely and on budget
- Directs the AE to setup jobs in C&P
- Contributes to the pricing of marketing outcome plans
- Reviews client monthly billings for current activities based on SOW
- Responsible for providing projections to the agency
- Plans for future development of client accounts
- As required, supports AE’s on executing projects (building timelines, submitting resource needs and setting up meetings) while adhering to WS’s workflow process
- Takes an active role in building a positive Agency culture by becoming involved with activities outside of client work
- Contributes to the development of a culture that enjoys the challenge of meeting, and stretching financial and performance targets
- Becomes an advocate, reinforcing WS’ values, culture and key strengths
- 5-7 years of agency experience as an Account Manager/Account Supervisor or in a Marketing role as a Marketing Manager, Marketing Project Manager
- Bachelor of Commerce, specifically marketing or advertising
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Proven ability to develop and execute digital-first marketing communications plans
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Strategic thinker
- Business acumen
- Ability to build rapport and strong relationships with team members and clients quickly
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong budget management skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Assertive and able to take charge of a situation when appropriate with the ability to lead, motivate and influence others
- Proficiency in analyzing marketing performance in the developing actionable insights
- Experience with data analytics to help assist in list segmentation etc.
Sound like you? If so, we’re excited to meet you. Send a brief but powerful cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
You might not have heard of WS before, but maybe you have heard of Woodruff Sweitzer — our former moniker. Though our name is brand new, WS has been active in the Western Canadian market for more than 16 years. Our staff ranges from enthusiastic grads to seasoned veterans with over 30 years of industry experience.
Our team of 25 (and growing) seems to really like it here, proven by our incredibly low turnover rate. We welcome staff to work off-site though WORKshift, offer flex days, give birthdays off, provide paid volunteer time, have a professional development budget, a fat Spotify account, and this amazing thing called a “bonus program.” Sometimes, we all get together in the kitchen and eat a pile of samosas.
It’s a pretty sweet gig, and we hope you can be part of it someday. Thanks for considering WS.