WS is a collective of some of the best marketing experts committed to propelling brands further, faster. With over 17 years of experience creating omni-channel outcomes for clients across North America, our curious nature has created a highly successful approach to reaching powerful and meaningful results. Simply put, we are strategic providers of formidable marketing outcomes. Working at WS will enable you to combine your talents, passions, and professional acumen with a commitment to making a real difference on a highly collaborative and talented team. Come join us and make your mark in marketing and the world.
The Group Account Director is responsible for maintaining exemplary relationships between the agency teams and respective clients alongside and under the direction of the VP, Client Partnerships. This role is responsible for understanding the client’s business challenges and objectives and will work closely with the Client Servicing team, Strategy, Creative, Content, Media, PR and Performance teams to build-out strategic marketing communications plans that are fully integrated, brand aligned and achieve marketing outcomes. This includes helping to inform the development of personas, journey maps, wireframes, concepts, storyboards, media plans, content plans, marketing automation plans, PR plans and ensuring that the quality of work, timeliness and budgets are met all the way through to completion.
- Maintains direct senior level client contact alongside Client Servicing team
- Understands assigned client’s business and objectives and effectively communicates this information to agency teams
- Analyzes client input along with research, customer insights, field feedback, competitive landscape, etc. to help inform strategic marketing communications plans
- Develops the planning brief with the client and reviews with Senior account team before agency teams are briefed
- Participates in internal scrums and client brainstorming meetings
- Facilitates and contributes to the development of marketing outcome plans with Creative, Content, Media, PR and Performance teams and ensures that team members have support data and reference materials as required
- Ensures that marketing outcomes, strategies, tactics, KPIs are clearly defined and budgets are approved by clients
- Oversees the development of Scope of Work documents that include marketing outcomes, tactics and pricing and reviews with the Client Servicing team before sending to client
- Develops all engineering briefs for Creative, Media, Content, Performance and PR and reviews with the Client Servicing team before initiating kick-off meetings internally
- Reviews all design concepts, storyboards, wireframes, content plans, automation plans, media plans and dashboards before they are presented to the client
- Works with agency teams to present and effectively explain all marketing outcome and engineering plans to clients
- Adheres to project timelines as outlined by the Project Manager
- Works with the Client Servicing team to help identify agency/freelance resources for project deliverables
- Helps to monitor the Client Servicing team to ensure processes are being followed, client work is delivered accurately, timely and on budget
- Contributes to the pricing of marketing outcome plans
- Reviews client monthly billings for current activities based on SOW
- Responsible for providing projections to the agency
- Plans for future development of client accounts
- As required, supports the Client Servicing team on executing projects (building timelines, submitting resource needs and setting up meetings) while adhering to WS’s workflow process
- Takes an active role in building a positive Agency culture by becoming involved with activities outside of client work
- Contributes to the development of a culture that enjoys the challenge of meeting, and stretching financial and performance targets
- Becomes an advocate, reinforcing WS’ values, culture and key strengths
- 5-7 years of agency experience as an Account Manager/Account Supervisor or in a Marketing role as a Marketing Manager, Marketing Project Manager
- Bachelor of Commerce, specifically marketing or advertising
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Proven ability to develop and execute digital-first marketing communications plans
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Strategic thinker
- Business acumen
- Ability to build rapport and strong relationships with team members and clients quickly
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong budget management skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Assertive and able to take charge of a situation when appropriate with the ability to lead, motivate and influence others
- Proficiency in analyzing marketing performance in the developing actionable insight
- Experience with data analytics to help assist in list segmentation etc.
- Must be a Canadian resident or citizen
Sound like you? If so, we’re excited to meet you. Send a brief but powerful cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
WS has been active in the Canadian market for more than 20 years. Our team ranges from enthusiastic grads to seasoned veterans with over 30 years of industry experience.
Our diverse team of 20 (and growing) seems to really like it here, proven by our incredibly low turnover rate. Our team works from all different parts of the country and collaborate to bring ideas to life through technology.
We offer half day Fridays, that’s an extra half day to your weekend…we also offer flex days, give birthdays off, provide paid volunteer time, have a professional development budget, great social events, and this amazing thing called a “bonus program.” Sometimes, we all get together online for an event and the company pays for our food delivery to support local businesses.
It’s a pretty sweet gig, and we hope you can be part of it someday. Thanks for considering WS..